Green Grab Bag from White Apricot is a monthly subscription service that sends you some of the best natural beauty samples to you each month. White Apricot has been covering natural, organic, and vegan skincare and beauty for five years. Because of this dedication and expertise, you can definitely rest assured that Green Grab Bag will deliver the only the highest quality skincare, haircare, makeup and natural fragrance samples to you each month. I'm quite picky about using only the safest beauty products on my body so I love that Green Grab Bag shares my preferences.
What's Inside?Each month you can expect 6 samples of natural beauty products. I couldn't wait to see what was in my Green Grab Bag!
- Rosey Cheeks Face Cream by Cocoon Apothecary - I've used this a handful of times as my morning and night face cream. A little goes along way so I should be able to enjoy this little container for a while! It has a wonderfully full-bodied floral aroma which I've been tolerating very well and I actually really like (surprisingly). It has a medium thickness that is rich and creamy, but doesn't leave a residue or leave you with a greasy face. I've even used it prior to applying make-up and had no issues at all! If this keeps up I'll definitely be purchasing this in the future. I looked up the ingredients and I love seeing the 0 EWG rating.
- Minerals Eye Shadow by Overall Beauty - Love the concept, the natural ingredients, but certainly not the bright pink color. I'm sure not too many people can pull off such a vibrant shade of pink though (pic below).
- Freedom Lip Gloss by Revolution Organics - I love a good lip gloss and haven't worn one in years due to harsh chemicals in all the ones I've found. This one has a pretty natural list of ingredients that I would be excited to wear if I had received a more natural color. However, the texture seems to be perfectly thick so it will stay on well for the glossy look without being too sticky. The color is quite a vibrant red though and it's just not a good color for me at all.
- Facial Exfoliating Creme by Aguacate Co Skin Care - Creamy yet gritty from the jojoba beads, just the way I like it! It leaves my face soft, smooth and exfoliated but in a very gentle way. It doesn't strip my face of it's moisture like some exfoliating face washes can.
- Natural Face Corrective Cleanser by Collective Wellbeing - This is a creamy cleanser that has a little bit of grittiness here and there. It contains oatmeal and raspberry to soothe inflamed and irritated skin, and aloe leaf and jojoba seed oil to hydrate. The fragrance smelled a bit like a harsh sunscreen and my face wasn't particularly glowing after. However, if you have oily skin this would work well since it doesn't leave a lot of moisture behind on your skin.
- Organic Eau de Parfum by Tsi-La - I am loving this KIZES fragrance! It's relatively light with a creamy citrus orange scent and floral undertones. I don't wear perfumes because they are filled with toxic chemicals. But this is made with 100% natural fragrances and I will totally wear it! I'm thrilled to check out their whole line to find my perfect scent. This is a unisex fragrance actually and I agree with that. Men can definitely pull off this scent too.
Overall I really enjoyed Green Grab Bag and would definitely consider subscribing at some point. However, I wish the Minerals Eye Shadow and Freedom Lip Gloss would have arrived in more usable colors, but I guess I can't be too picky. Still, not many women can pull off a bright red lip color and a very pink eye shadow. Maybe more neutral colors should be considered next time? Despite this, I'm excited to find out about these natural beauty companies and see that they have other products that are of interest to me. Green Grab Bag is all about discovering new products so of course not every product will appeal to everyone anyway. I definitely LOVE the Cocoon Apothecary Face Cream though so just finding a fabulous face cream (which I can't seem to find for my ever-changing skin) is a wonderful thing!
After doing a little research on each brand's website, I discovered that the Freedom Lip Gloss included is actually a full size product valued at $28. That in itself is almost double what I would have paid for this Green Grab Bag! Now, of course I wish it was a shade I could wear, but still, it's an incredible value and some women love bold red colors.
Green Grab Bag has a wonderful concept that offers women a chance to find and try natural beauty products they would not have necessarily found. I know that's definitely true for me and I had so much fun discovering these new brands and finding out more on their websites. There are also lots of exclusive discounts on the full size products in the Green Grab Bags on their website. So if you love something and have to have it, you'll likely get a great deal on it! Green Grab Bag is an incredible value as I stated earlier, but also fantastic service that partners with safe, and also small, businesses. I'd recommend subscribing to this one!
Subscription Options: $15/month or $145/year (a 20% discount!). Always free shipping.
Connect with Green Grab Bag on Facebook and Twitter
One winner will receive a 3-month subscription to Green Grab Bag!
Just fill out the Rafflecopter form below to enter!
Disclosure: I received the above mentioned product(s) to facilitate this review for free. No other compensation was received. This is my completely honest opinion above and may be different from yours. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.