(Zipit Bedding is available on ZipitBedding.com!)
Zipit Bedding is a Mom-invented unique solution for easy bed-making for parents and kids alike. It's a comforter and fitted sheet that zip together, making it a breeze to make the bed look neat and tidy within just seconds. The matching pillowcase completely zips open so you can just place the pillow inside and zip it back up! It's actually the world’s 1st all-in-one zippered bedding! Zipit Bedding is practically like a sleeping bag. In fact, the inspiration for Zipit Bedding was one of the inventors seeing her kids zip up a sleeping bag so easily at a young age, but weren't able to effectively make their own beds. Check out this video to get a better idea of how it works.
(This video is hilarious! It totally reminds me of an "As Seen On TV" commercial only this product works!)
The video shows it best, but basically you have a fitted sheet and on the 2 longest sides there are parallel zippers on each side that run almost the whole length of the bed. The comforter has the other side to these zippers so each side can zip up to create a cozy sleeping bag type of environment. All while giving you plenty of options if you choose to keep one side unzipped while sleeping, or just half way. The magic comes when you make the bed and see how easy it is that anyone can do it! Just zip and go! No messy, twisted sheets to deal with either. It's so easy and works great for bunk beds, murphy beds, trundle beds, air beds, RV beds too.
You know the scratchy comforters and sheets you sometimes run into when you decide to buy the cheaper bedding? I know I've made that mistake before. Zipit Bedding is soft and clearly made using high quality materials. I found the quality to be exceptional and I'm very impressed actually. I wasn't expecting the reinforced, detailed stitching everywhere which really increases the durability aspect of zipping and unzipping. Very nicely done!
A problem I often have with my son is that he gets too hot at night. He's always been a hot body, and a major sweaty boy. I was initially worried that there isn't a top sheet under the comforter for warmer nights when just the sheet up to the armpits and a comforter to the waist is perfect for him. The comforter is the same cotton print as the sheets on the underside, and polyester navy on the top, with a synthetic polyester fill in between. I was really worried about air flow and breathability of the comforter, but surprisingly Buddy slept through the entire night and wasn't sweaty the next morning. I think Zipit Bedding has really found the perfect thickness for the comforter that works for varying temperatures. I really like the designer print too. It doesn't scream "little kids ONLY" and it's sophisticated enough I think teenagers and adults would be okay with it too.
What I loved...
- SO easy (and fun? yes!) to make the bed. Just pop on the fitted sheet! Seriously, this saves me 10 minutes by not having to do my normal perfectionist-style bed making!
- By keeping the side next to the wall zipped almost all the way at night, and the other side mostly open, Buddy stays cool (and avoids overheating) but can still easily find the comforter if he throws it off and then gets cold later.
- Again, perfect for my hot body child...the very end of the bed is open with no zipper to close so their is adequate airflow.
- The comforter STAYS tucked in on the side next to the wall since it's zipped! Seriously, that is fabulous! (totally a pet peeve of mine and the reason Buddy wakes up when he's cold--he can't find the covers he threw off at the end of the bed!)
- The elastic around the bottom of the fitted sheet is not only quite wide, but it also goes all the way around - not just at the corners like most sheets. This helps keep the sheet where it should be and it doesn't ride up.
- The pocket, oh the pocket!! Buddy insists on bringing little cars or toys to bed but frequent loses them in the night and wakes up very upset when he can't find them. He loves his special pocket! (and so does mama!!) This would also be great for an iPhone, iPod, retainer or anything you might put on your nightstand.
- Double-sided zipper making it easy to zip or unzip from in bed already.
- Best of all, Buddy can make his own bed (with a smile on his face!).
What I didn't love so much...
- The initial first wash caused lint to cover the blue comforter and all the sheets. I think some of the synthetic filling made it's way out of the quilted squares and contributed to all the lint! I just used a lint roller and it all came off.
- The initial wash also caused most of the squares in the middle of the comforter to bunch up, so the bed looks a little lumpy. However, the comforter is on the thin side anyway so it's not a big deal. The sides didn't come out lumpy, just the top.
- The fitted sheet could be cut to go a little lower around the sides to adequately fit just under the mattress. Although I can't say for sure, I think drying on high heat may have cause the fitted sheet to shrink a bit (it's not a tall mattress at all either).
Despite the very small things I mentioned above, this is truly a very well thought out product that could save a lot of mamas from pulling their hair out! Zipit Bedding will revolutionize the way your kids feel about tidying their bed, AND help mom save valuable time.
Price: Twin - $129.99 & Full - $139.99
Buy It: Zipit Bedding is available on ZipitBedding.com!
One winner will receive their own Zipit Bedding set!
(Winner can choose color and size - twin or full)
a Rafflecopter giveaway